e hënë, 18 qershor 2007

Part One: Is history inconsequential AND is the planet on the path to self-destruction?

I’ve grown weary from listening to other people’s thoughts and feelings. Have you?

Does it seem like everywhere we turn we are blasted with someone telling us what is going on in the world “out there” and how we should feel about it?

From CNN to FOX to MSNBC to ABC to NBC to CBS to NPR and then all those magazines. And then all those loud, crass, radio broadcasts. And now all the podcasts. And now all the blogs. Whew. Isn’t it a little much?

Well, I guess I could start my own online podcast and tell the world, “Hey, you! Stream this!” But, the point is I really don’t have a lot of answers for folks out there. I’m more interested in posing questions. Yes, questions for me and questions for you the reader.

And, by the way, if you the reader have some answers, comments, or more questions, you may always electronically fire them off to me at tarbellblue@hotmail.com - or simply use the Comments section following the post.



Last night, my partner posed this question to me:

Are you optimistic about the future?

Well, my first response was, “Well, what future are we talking about? Our future? (as in you and me and the family we’ve created?) Or something broader?"

I got a little clarification: Our future in the United States of America, and by extension of that, the future of the United States of America.

Whoa. I do have a lot to say about the U.S.A. but, then again, I do have a lot to say about the planet. (And I am talking about Earth.)

But what I have to say may not necessarily be right or true. It’s just what I’ve got to go on given the limited knowledge and information with which I am working.

I’ve also got my gut. And that counts for something - and probably should be more relied on these days than a lot of other sources.

Now that I’ve got your attention with my introduction and the burning questions “Is history inconsequential AND is the planet on the path to self-destruction?” please look for the forthcoming Part Two of this post.

As you guessed, discussion and more questions will be posed.

Nuk ka komente: